Thursday, June 11, 2009

On the road

The adventure has started and there is no day I can possibly say that is boring. After staying in Fortaleza for one week, we finally hit the road into the south. Second place we visited was the amazing paradise beach town, Canoa Quebrada. There we stayed in a very charming hostel which was ownd by a dutch guy. The only thing I can say about this place is that when I was there I had the feeling like everything was perfect. I didn´t need anything more. The grass was greenest on my side. After a few days of heaven we went to Natal, a big city just like Fortaleza. We stayed there only a couple of days, checked out the city, drink some cocktail from a pineapple and then hit the road again. Then we went to Pipa, also a very cute beachtown but slightly bigger and more touristic than Canoa Quebrada. It started out very good, we found a very homey hostel which was ownd by one woman. There we could use the kitchen and of course we took the opperatunity and made a dinner. But.. after the meal I started to be a little bit tired, also Luis so we took a siesta. That siesta lasted me almost 48 hourse with a break of going to the toilet and eating a few peices of fruit. The meat we had gotten that night we made the dinner was supposed to be something else than pork, but apparently it was. So I got fucking food poisoning and had to stay in bed almost the whole time I was there. After that wicked adventure we left again to Joa pessoa. W stayed there one night and went then to Jacuma, to get to Tambaba, a nude beach, which was suggested to us by a friend of the woman in the hostel in Pipa (total lunatic). On the way we met a woman who hooked us up with one room in Jacuma. We are now still here and I´m desperate to leave this room after my big war against the musquietos. The first night they attacked and I was vulnarable. I decided than I would not give in so easy so the next night I taped a t-shirt to cover one whole that lead outside, I oversprayed myself before sleep with a repellent and even slept in a sleeping bag the whole night so they couldn´t get me. I woke up today almost cooked alive I was so warm, but only one bite! I won!
And now we are going to leave this very strange town and heading to Salvador.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Þú ert möggnuð! Kveðja Pabbi litli.

ARENA said...

drekktu gin og tonic og ég held þeir eigi mosquito kerti lika sem þú getr haft kveikt á á meðan þú sefur. Ég öfunda þig gjéðveikt að vera í suður ameríku :D make the most og it !
Hvenar kemurrru svo heim?

Kv. Arena og Krissi

ARENA said...

úpsss meinti make the most of it :p hehe

Joke said...

Hey Birna, Joke here from little Belgium, wauw it's so cool what you are doing. In south-america. I enjoy this blog and look forward to read more of your adventures.